Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's all about trying something new


I'd meant to update a little more frequently then I have been but I've just started this blog so I'm giving myself a little slack. I know that my frequency isn't something that really matters at the moment and that I should just focus on updating when the mood strikes me so that's what I'm going to do. No need to pressure myself.

On my birthday this year I decided that I was going to no longer let my fear hold me back from doing things that I really wanted to do. A lot of the time I have that problem, thinking that I'm really not good enough to do anything or if I don't do it perfectly I'm a complete failure. Such is not the case anymore. Writing is something that I've always loved since all my life I've always had a pretty vivid imagination. I'm good at making up stories and I like to day dream a lot. Since I was probably about 11 years old I would write stories to entertain my friends. Most of the time they were about celebrities and all of that. I've dabbled in fan fiction for many years but I always felt intimidated by many of the authors that were out there. A few years ago I let comments from certain people get to me and I put myself in a very long writers block that I've been battling off and on for three years or so. Lately I've been thinking why do I let other people do that to me? I can write whatever I want and if I don't like it I don't have to show it to anyone. I've had a few ideas come to me this year and I've decided to participate in NaNoWriMo. I have pledged to write 50,000 words in the month of November and after I did this I promptly thought I was crazy. Fear was the first thing I felt after thinking damn 50,000 words is a lot. Well, it basically is but I think I can at least give it a try. I'm far enough in the game with actually having three different ideas that I could easily use. More than some people from what I've gathered on the forums. I have a little while to get my ideas in order and I'm actually looking forward to participating. Now lets see if I still feel this way November 2nd.

No comments: